3.31.2013

Forgetting, and remembering to forget to remember

Sometimes I don't know where I am or where I've been, but when the cider rinses off ten years of ash I can still taste you underneath, I feel like I could still wish you were here, like we could still hide under a blanketing electric lullabye until the stars themselves wink out in respect for... Whatever it is we have, or had, or wish for. You cried for the future, I cried for the past, and together we flooded any sort of present, yeah deep deluge with no outlet, a filled compartment forbidding so much as communication... How to send a message to one whose heart breaks with each syllable uttered? Why do I feel so burdened with something unsaid, when I don't even know the words to this song I hope to sing? And, must I walk this road a year for each drop of sweet liquid history that passes my lips? I must, I must, I wish 'twere otherwise, but such is this life we never chose, full of heartache and despair to temper the good moments into gleaming diamonds, shining gemstones to cling to when all light fails, and night has grown deep.

No comments: