6.29.2011

muse

also, mental note to self here, i gotta remember to write my muse's biography. she's been getting pretty insistent about it lately, what with her claim of contact with/influence over the likes of vonnegut, rushdie, f scott fitzgerald, etcetera. she says it's been an achronistic life, that she's pretty young right now and won't be rubbing shoulders with the greats until she's much older and wiser, and wants me to pay particular attention to how strange it must be/is to know your future yet be unable to access that level of talent aside from through my own occasional contact with her future projects. she's a bit temporally confused; i've caught her calling me by other names (men's and women's names alike), caught her beginning stories with me in the middle ("oh, sorry, i thought we'd already discussed and started this one"), caught her insisting on an idea's greatness only for us to later realize, together, that she's already covered that ground with someone else.

she also claims to have had a hand in the creation of some of the world's more elaborate true stories, but i haven't gotten details on that yet.

i need a month to myself in the woods to get all this out of my system...

No comments: