8.05.2011

fireworks

someone somehow convinced me at one point to stick around and watch the fireworks. i wanted to leave, quite badly, but somehow something got through. i wanted to leave. i still want to leave. but apparently i made a promise to stay put and see the show. so here i am, upright and breathing still, not so much leaving my own mark as influencing the so many marks being made around me. oh, who am i kidding, i am leaving a mark, i am leaving a blazing trail of destruction. fire and fury, all the way back to my parents' doorstep, framed and hung on their walls and scattered about the garages and storage lockers of my youth, the bedrooms, the yards, the schools, ad nauseum.

i believe it is no well of strength that keeps me alive, but a forgotten promise. i refuse to call it a curse.

we are okay, because we have been raised to believe we are okay.

No comments: